Today we pushed some changes to the production server that all users should be able to see. We've been trying to incorporate some of your feedback, feature requests and bug fixes.
You may also notice some quirks and some less-than-perfect features. We are trying to push out features as fast as possible to try them out with real users like all of you. Please let us know when something isn't working as expected or if something doesn't make sense.
Some of the high level updates you'll see starting today:
- You can now remove columns as you are viewing the search results. This allows you to only look at the data you want to see. Clicking the "Show Hidden Columns" button brings them all back, as does a change to the filters.
- The "Add to My Lists" dialog is much easier to find and hopefully use. You can add a new list, place components onto that list and view the groupings you have created on the "My Lists" page.
- Clicking "Show All Filters" now displays the various available filters "unfolded". You can quickly see what options are available and click them in order to filter further. We're looking to also make these boxes more like the top 8 boxes in the future.
Features not yet implemented (but placeholders are visible):
- We added a search box for searching within the results page, namely for the columns. The results page can be an eye chart, this will be a slightly faster way of searching among those results (without killing your filter settings). This can be very flexible, if you have ideas of what you'd want to search for among the data, let us know.
- We added a "Diff parts" button, which will be a quick and definitive way of comparing two parts. Again, with so much data it can be difficult to figure out which part is the one you really want in your final design.